Toronto, November 14, 2023 – In the time it takes to say “Gong hei fat choy”, home chefs can infuse their traditional Lunar New Year dishes with authentic flavours using Blue Dragon’s leading range of Asian ingredients, meal kits, and sauces. 2024 marks the Year of the Dragon, which stands out in the Chinese zodiac as the only mythical creature, and therefore, brings with it luck and a heightened sense of festivity not to mention, an array of celebratory dishes! With Blue Dragon in their arsenal, home cooks can easily bring the traditional tastes of all over Asia to the table in festive dishes like steamed fish, dumplings, spring rolls, and noodles, without the hours of prep.
“Because the Year of the Dragon inspires people to embark on new adventures, it’s a time of optimism and festivity and there’s no better way to celebrate than with food!”, explains Aditi Burman, Blue Dragon’s spokesperson in North America. This spin on the traditional recipe for Longevity Noodles featuring Blue Dragon’s Medium Egg Noodles, Pure Sesame Oil and Oyster Sauce, is the perfect dish to serve on Lunar New Year’s Eve. Year of the Dragon revelers can keep the festivities going all year long with fun fusion recipes like this one for Baked Camembert, which features Blue Dragon’s new Mango Sweet Chili dipping sauce and is perfect for entertaining. The Mango Sweet Chili sauce is launching alongside a new Spicy Teriyaki sauce just in time for Lunar New Year in February, and both are set to join the brand’s already-expansive lineup of pastes; dips; noodles and wrappers; sauces; meal kits; and other Asian pantry staples. While the new Mango Sweet Chili dipping sauce puts an inventive spin on its fan-favourite predecessor with the addition of 20% real mango purée, the new Teriyaki sauce adds a spicy kick to dishes like chicken wings or glazed salmon.
For those who want to take advantage of the celebratory mood of the year but are cutting back on restaurants in an attempt to watch their budgets, Blue Dragon comes through! Statistics show that dining out across Canada has been on a steady decline since last summer with 9% fewer reservations2, but that doesn’t mean Canadians have to kiss their favourite Chinese, Japanese and Thai takeout, goodbye. As the leading brand of Asian food products, Blue Dragon makes it easy to create takeout favourites including Spring Rolls & Pad Thai, at home with clean, simple, and delicious ingredients. Visit www.bluedragon.ca/recipes for inspiration. The new Blue Dragon sauces will be available between $3.99 and $5.99 in all supermarkets across the country starting on March 2024.
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 340g Blue Dragon Medium Egg Noodles (cook according to package instructions)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Blue Dragon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Blue Dragon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (you can use button mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 sprigs green onions, sliced
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over high. Add salt to water and cook noodles according to instructions on the package, until just under al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain noodles thoroughly in a colander, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain, lifting noodles to separate and dry the strands. Set aside.
- Stir together stock, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high until shimmering and fragrant; swirl to coat wok. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until it starts to brown around edges, about 10 seconds. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 to 45 seconds. The mushrooms will soak-up the oil, so add a bit more as needed if they look dry. Add bean sprouts; cook, stirring constantly, until
wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir sauce and add to mixture in wok; bring to a boil over high. Add noodles to wok; cook, stirring constantly, until noodles absorb sauce, about 2 minutes. Season with additional soy sauce to taste. Add the green onions and transfer noodles to a platter. Serve immediately.
- 57g (or 1/4 package) Blue Dragon Rice Noodles
- 63g Peeled shrimp, deveined and chopped finely
- 1 Shallot sliced finely
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup White cabbage, sliced finely
- ¼ cup Carrot, sliced finely
- 142g Ground Chicken
- 1 Tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy
- 1 Green onion, sliced
- Vegetable oil
- 1 pack Blue Dragon Spring Roll Wrappers
- Blue Dragon Mango Sweet Chili or Spicy
- Teriyaki Dipping Sauce.
- Cook noodles according to instructions on the package.
- Over a bowl, cut the noodles with scissors into smaller 1-inch pieces.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Soak the spring roll wrappers one at a time in a shallow bowl with hot water for about 15 seconds, or until it becomes pliable. Lay out the wrapper on a damp tea towel and blot off the excess water as needed.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into the centre of the softened spring roll wrapper. Fold by bringing the bottom of the wrapper over the filling. Then bring the left side over the centre, followed by the right, and finally roll over the parcel from the bottom up, making sure each fold over is nice and tight.
- Fill a wok or pan 1/3 of the way up with oil and heat to 350°F. Gently fry the parcels until golden and evenly cooked on both sides. Lay the pieces onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with Blue Dragon’s new Mango Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce.
ABOUT BLUE DRAGON
Blue Dragon was founded in the UK in the 1970s to answer the scarcity of ingredients available in stores, to make authentic Asian dishes. Today, the brand scours Asia to bring new and exciting recipes and ingredients into homes all over the world, which, along with their commitment to using clean, simple ingredients, has positioned them as the top Asian cooking brand. Blue Dragon makes it easy to cook authentic Asian dishes without the time consuming process and effort it would typically take to source and prep the ingredients, while ensuring that their products are free of artificial flavours and colours and many products are also non-GMO. Made of the highest-quality ingredients, Blue Dragon pastes, dipping sauces, noodles, and meal kits come together to make a delicious meal in 35 minutes or less.
– 30 –
For more information, high-res photography, samples, or to schedule an interview,
please contact The PR Department at 416-535-3939. Email: [email protected]